Day 3 of #100daysofUX
I’m going through Zero To Mastery’s UX course.
Here are my takeaways:
- Go crazy with your sketching — don’t limit yourself when it comes to idea generation.
- Add detail, and then refine.
- 2nd point is interconnected to the 1st point.
- Annotate your sketches! Use arrows, numbers, etc. so as to make your sketches easier to understand
- Make your sketches clean — be professional esp. if you are doing a project for your clients/stakeholders. This makes for easy communication too.
What to prepare when doing your sketches
- Prepare your tools! Pens, pencils, paper, etc. or when you go digital, choose whatever that is convenient for you to sketch your userflows.
- Ask the right questions; who is this for? what is the end goal of these sketches?
- Time-box yourself!
I think this is one of the more essential skills that will be useful in the long run. Limiting yourself to a certain time limit adds pressure to yourself, in a way that it forces you to produce work in a short span of time.
Some resources I found useful:
Pro app: A one stop UX/UI app that is comprehensive in all things UX/UI. Free/Paid options.
Free Figma UI Tutorial. A 10-hour beginner video. Something I’d want to dive into in the near future.
That’s all folks for day 3!