Topics learned: Design Principles (Theory)
Current course: Foundations course
Several design principles covered:
- Unity Design Principle
- Alignment Design Principle
- Proximity Design Principle
- Balance Design Principle
- Contrast Design Principle
- Emphasis Design Principle
- Repetition Design Principle
- Movement Design Principle
- Negative Space Design Principle*
- Hierarchy Design Principle
- Proportion Design Principle
Reading difficulty: Easy/Beginner Friendly
Understanding Negative Space design principle
In brief, understanding these principles helped me to see my flaws in the designs I’ve done so far for my apprenticeship. I believe I can do better as the days go by, and I’m stretching myself out of my comfort zone.
I still have some difficulty understanding negative space, and perceiving it in my design. It’s apparent because, I’ve been told many times that I lack the understanding of space in design. It all boils down to more practice.
Key skills needed:
- Effective study methods
- Organising time
That is all for today.